Monday, July 22, 2013

ALA Pictures!

OK - so I'm a bit behind on giving the scoop on my ALA trip, but sometimes life gets in the way of blog posts!

Anyway, the trip was fantastic. ALA is always one of my favorite conferences to attend. The energy is great and it is so exciting to walk though the exhibit hall, checking out all the publishers and authors.

My own signing, Forensics, for Nomad Press went really well. There was a steady stream of people interested in the book - and we were out of books in about 1/2 hour!




It was fun to bump into fellow author friends - Shirley Duke and Anastasia Suen - were actually signing in the Rourke Educational booth right next to me.

After I was done with the signing, I turned into Fan Girl, getting ARCs and books signed by authors! One of the highlights for me this year was actually meeting and getting a book signed by one of my favorite authors, Cynthia Voigt, who wrote some of my childhood favorites: Homecoming, Dicey's Song, and A Solitary Blue.

Like a kid in a candy store, I came out of the ALA exhibits with a LOT of new books. Books for myself, my kids, my nephews, and niece. As I read the ARCs and new titles, I'll be blogging here about them - I've already read a few that were fantastic!

One of my favorite things about ALA, however, is sharing it with my daughter and watching her enjoy her own pile of book "candy".



Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment