Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer of Fiction

Welcome to the new blog! I've changed platforms - hoping that this one is easier to update and follow!

Tomorrow is the last day of school for my kids - summer officially begins in our house. This year, I've officially named it the "Summer of Fiction". Along with are usual summer reading, I've decided to dedicate this summer to fiction writing. I've been writing a lot over the past few years. But most of it has been nonfiction. While I love the research and projects, I'm also itching for some time to devote to some fiction ideas that have been popping around my head for awhile. I've got a picture book that is almost ready to sub. I have a draft of an early middle grade that is screaming for an edit. And I'm also ready to outline a new MG project that I've been brainstorming.

So last week, I turned in the last nonfiction assignment. My desk is empty of research books. A have a folder full of critiques to help with revisions on the PB and early MG. And I have a brand-new notebook ready for my new MG.

Let the Summer of Fiction begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment